Sunday, March 16, 2014

Greetings. Welcome to my blog. Actually I had a blog already and didn’t like it’s name (“Logic in Exile”) and have subsequently not done much with it. So after trolling the woods looking for a better alternative, while making a meal today – March 16,2014 – I have settled on this one that seems to adequately summarize my intellectual pursuits. It’s a blog I’ll be glad to add to.
I’ve been studying religion and politics for over 20 years now after getting a degree in Accounting and studying computer programming as a hobby. After having my faith questioned, I began researching it and found a great deal of problems with atheist, secular, humanist, and evolutionist arguments. What I found are things I never knew from attending Christian parochial school or church for that matter. I found these while digging – hard – not in dirt or soil but in the written word. While some believers may be content with praise and prayer, I’m into the more serious aspect of my faith.
In 1996, after having a lot of thoughts in my head about these topics, I began writing a book on the New Age movement and how some of its ideas are present in our everyday lives. But I had the material poorly organized and after a short time it died. I also began a book on evolution, but some material did not play well with other material, and that project died of a natural death as well. However, I have subsequently cobbled material together in a book soon to be published by Tate Publishing called “The Vast Wastelands of Unbelief.” I will let viewers know when that book is published.
In the meantime, much of my writing has been published through the Lutheran Science Institute  http://www.lutheranscience.org/ where I am a member of the board of directors. If you go to their web site, you can search for my writings. I have also created a web page years ago where I publish major essays of mine. The best site to access is http://webpages.charter.net/jeffstueber/jsessays.htm, but I do need to do serious work with this site to improve the files I want there. Since so much of my work is published through the LSI now, I have not improved my personal web page like I should.

I have discovered I have strong analytical skills and have put them to work critiquing “the other side.” As a result, I’ve become a much stronger and wiser Christian. Look forward to posts on here from me. I will cross post some of mine from my other blog as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment